Thursday, November 04, 2021

Getting Old - Perspective

I started this on April 11, 2021, but never finished it.  Now I'll just post it in its unfinished state to get it out of my "draft" folder.

As I was groggily starting my day this morning, my lovely wife suggested, given that I'd hit an age that ended in a zero, that I should post an update.  I guess I agreed, but now I'm feeling pressure to be profound, and I'm not sure I have that in me. 😀

The first thing that came to mind, and the reason Susan asked me to blog about it, is, of course, the fact that God is good.  After all, in 2013 I'd been told I'd be lucky to live another five years.  Although if I were being pedantic (which I'm prone to do) I'd say I'm using this verse out of context, it's still the verse that popped to mind:  “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome this world.” John 16:33

But really this post is about thankfulness

No comments: