Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hey folks! I'm still alive!

(Brad dictating, Sue typing)

As Sue may  have mentioned, the surgery was worse than expected, but every day I'm getting better.  I had a lot of pain on Saturday but since then it's been very manageable.  It's relatively easy for me to get out of bed and walk around.  I assume though, that I'd have a lot of trouble getting through a metal detector.  The number of staples in my belly is ridiculous.

At this point, the next step is simply passing gas, which I have not been able to do.  They say walking should help, which is why I keep trying to walk, although I'm in a very lethargic state so that's not always easy.  They say it could happen any time.  It sounds like I'd likely get out of the hospital about two days after I manage to fart.

We don't have the lab results from the three foot section of colon that was sent away yet, and it sounds like the CT scan is somewhat inconclusive so it's unclear at this point whether or not there will be chemo, however, I am being referred to the Tom Baker Cancer Centre for follow-up, and the initial appointment should be within two weeks of my being released from the hospital. As the only doctor we have spoken to is a colorectal, who doesn't treat liver cancer, he can't really give us much for answers.

Love you all, and covet your prayers.  Thank you for the outpouring of support we have already been blessed with.

My own prayer continues to be that "I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."  Acts 20:24

Brad.

No comments: