Thursday, January 09, 2014

And so it begins again...

Yes, we had a wonderful, chemo-free Christmas here in Calgary (all of my family from Manitoba were here!), followed by an out-of-town hockey tournament.  I wasn’t feeling as energetic as I’d hoped during that time (did a lot of sleeping, especially at the tournament), but I am certainly noticing some improvement this week.  And just as I’m noticing the difference....

Yesterday I had my pre-admission for my surgery on Monday (the 13th).  Everything appears to be a go.  I’ve been told to expect to spend at least seven days in the hospital, and another six to eight weeks recovering.  Presumably I’ll be facing more chemo after that, and/or maybe even another surgery, but none of that has been set yet.  We’ll wait and see how the surgery turns out.  At this point I have no idea when I’ll be working again, whether I’ll feel like doing some in the hospital, or whether I won’t be able to until well after leaving the hospital.  It’s all in God’s capable hands! :-)

Brad.

No comments: