Wednesday, April 16, 2014

God is good! All the time!

I’m back in the familiar chemo chair undergoing my second last treatment.  The end is in sight, and that is something I’m sure looking forward to by now!  My last treatment is April 30.  The treatments certainly haven’t been as bad as before Christmas, but I’m still looking forward to recovering more completely.  I find myself happy that spring has (mostly) arrived, and I’m looking forward to summer.  I’ve been lucky enough to be able to walk around our lake a few times in the last week.  That is such a treat.  It feels like a bit of an accomplishment to be able to walk all the way around, when at Christmas I couldn’t even make it the length of the mall without stopping for a break!  I feel it when I’m done, but I can make it.  It’s also a treat because I’ve been walking while Brodie jogs.  He makes three laps, and I make one, but it still feels like it’s something we’re doing together.  Maybe someday soon I’ll be able to do that too! :-)

The last two weeks have been particularly nice due to visits from friends.  From a simple movie at our house, to coffee or lunch, to a road-trip to the US, to a couple of days of Settlers of Catan, it’s been wonderful to be able to spend some time with people we love.

And there is more good news to report.  God has really undertaken where my emotions are concerned.  I wouldn’t say that the depression/anxiety is completely gone, but it’s so much better.  I still have some trouble sleeping (especially falling asleep), but it’s not nearly as tortured as it was.  What’s particularly nice is that not only have I been able to work (37 hours last week!), but I’m regaining the joy of working, and am able to look forward to another day of work.  I know not everyone shares my feeling on this, but work, for me, is a blessing.

And God has provided in incredible ways where our finances are concerned.  The likelihood of bankruptcy is still there, but God has been giving us even more than our daily bread.  Many of you have been generous beyond belief, and we are more thankful than we’ll ever be able to express!

Anyway, thanks again for listening, and like I said last time, I’d love to hear from you as well (though I may be very slow to reply).

No comments: