Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hiccups!

Who knew hiccups could be so debilitating? Walking, standing, sitting, reclining, lying down, home remedies, drinking water, slow breathing, holding my breath – nothing helped! At the worst of it, my entire body would convulse several times with each hiccup. It was no fun! But what was worse was what it did to my brain. As far as I know, I’ve never had a panic attack, but that seems like a good way to describe what the hiccups did. During some fits I felt like I just couldn’t get enough air. And then eventually it felt as though each one would make me vomit. And there just didn’t seem to be anything that would allow my brain to settle. It felt so very psychosomatic, and yet I seemed helpless to fight it. Great news: I never vomited and they eventually passed! J

That was Thursday. Yesterday was calmer, but the nausea has arrived. My energy level was very low – too low to send out an update. Today (so far) I’m feeling a little better, though still somewhat nauseous.

In the mean time, we managed to lease a car (Toyota Camry, in case you care) to replace the Acura, and Brodie made the main AAA hockey camp (not the team yet – that’s still to come) he’d been trying out for. Life is good!

Brad.

No comments: